What are the symptoms?
You might be depressed if:
- You are irritable, sad, withdrawn, or bored most of the time
- You do not take pleasure in things that you used to enjoy
You may also:
- Lose or gain weight
- Sleep too much or too little
- Feel hopeless, worthless, or guilty
- Have trouble concentrating, thinking, or making decisions
- Think about death or suicide a lot
The symptoms of depression are often overlooked at first. It can be hard to see that symptoms are all part of the same problem.
Whether your depression is mild or severe, there are treatments that can help.
If you are looking for some help regarding a mental health issue or addiction, please contact the confidential, 24-Hour Crisis line # 403 – 266 – HELP (4357)
Depression in Children and Teens (2015). My Health Alberta Website. Retrieved September 5,2019 from https://myhealth.alberta.ca/Health/Pages/conditions.aspx?hwid=stdis